DRAFT Minutes of meeting held 02/03/2017

Parish Council Matters

Moderator: matyeo

Post Reply
matyeo
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:51 pm

DRAFT Minutes of meeting held 02/03/2017

Post by matyeo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:39 am

DRAFT MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF SUTTON VENY PARISH COUNCIL held on Thursday 2nd March 2017

Present: Cllrs Oxlade (Chair), Goodman, Guerri-Fear, King, Lusty, Morris, Owen & Walker
2 members of the public

2619. Acceptance of apologies for absence
Cllr Gaydon

The meeting was adjourned to allow members of the public the opportunity to raise any issues
2620. Open session for members of the public
A resident of the village raised the following issues:
- Objection to the Parish Council’s proposal to investigate the possibility of double yellow lines in the area of Norton Road/High Street junction
- Objection to the Parish Council’s suggestion to remove signs against the proposed poultry unit
- Request for funding to purchase bunting for the High Street
The meeting reconvened

2621. To receive declarations of interest
None.

2622. To confirm and sign minutes of the last meeting
Minutes of the meeting held on 2nd February 2017 were circulated prior to this meeting and were accepted as a true record.
Proposed: Cllr King Seconded: Cllr Guerri-Fear

2624. Suggestions for Village Hall newsletter editor
The Councillors were sorry to hear that Colin Baker, who has undertaken the role for many years, is unable to continue as editor of the village hall newsletter. The newsletter is so important for communication within our village and Colin’s work has been greatly appreciated by the Parish Council. Suggestions were welcomed for a successor.

2625. Best Kept Village Competition 2017
It was decided that Sutton Veny would enter the competition this year. The Clerk will arrange the entry paperwork, statement and map.
The village tidy-up morning will take place on Saturday 8th April, meeting outside the village hall at 10am. The Clerk will arrange the loan of litter pickers, high visibility vests, gloves and bin bags.

2626. Chairman’s Report
Poultry Farm – The Chairman invited Cllr Owen to give an update on the position with the Poultry Unit planning application. It is thought that the application will be raised at the Wiltshire Council Planning Committee meeting on 31st May. A village meeting will be arranged before this date.

2627. Planning Committee Report
Parish Council consultations:
17/00640/FUL – Pilk Cottage, Sutton Parva – Single & two-storey extensions – NO OBJECTION

2628. Payments
Mrs L Payne – maintenance of Pound Piece £200.00
Outdoor Play South West £1002.00
Proposed: Cllr King Seconded: Cllr Goodman

2629. Clerk’s report and correspondence received
Legal issues have been raised by the owner with Wiltshire Council regarding the area thought to be public highway at Shepherds Forge.
The annual defibrillator training session will take place on 21st September 2017.
No further information is available on the possible planning infringement at Woodcroft Woods.
Further information was received and has been circulated regarding the Parish Council elections in May.
A letter has been received registering an objection to the proposal of double yellow lines at the junction of Norton Road and High Street.

2630. Matters raised for discussion only
None

2623. Nominations for Community Award Cup
There were five names suggested and voting took place to decide this year’s recipient. This will be announced at the Annual Parish Meeting in May.

2618. Items for newsletter and website
The Clerk will write the report for the village hall newsletter.

The meeting closed at 19:40



The next meeting of the Parish Council will take place at 7:00pm on Thursday 6th April 2017 in the village hall.

Post Reply