Sutton Veny Parochial Church Council
The responsibilities of the Sutton Veny PCC are:
- To care for the church building, its contents and the churchyard.
- To prepare an Annual Report, budget and financial statement for the Annual Parochial Church Meeting.*
- To consult with the Rector on matters affecting the church and churchyard, and on matters of concern and importance to the parish.
(* The reports supporting the 2023 APCM can be viewed here)
Meetings: There must be at least four meetings a year in addition to the APCM.
- The clergy who are licensed to the parish.
- The churchwardens.
- Members of Deanery or Diocesan Synod whose names are on the Electoral Roll.
- Elected lay members.
Officers and members of Sutton Veny PCC:
- The Rector (Currently vacant. Covered by the Upper Wylye Valley Team Vicar, Revd Clifford Stride.)
- Richard Jackman, Churchwarden, School Foundation Governor Deanery & Diocesan representative
- Treasurer - duties being covered in interim by the Churchwarden
- Annabel Elliott, Interim Secretary
- Dr Sandy Barton
Electoral Roll Officer - Post vacant - Duties covered by Brian Long
Church Facilities Improvement Project
A presentation explaining what is being planned can be viewed via this link.
A summary of the results of the questionnaire circulated in March & April 2022 is here. Many people took the trouble to provide additional comments. Though not published here they have been seen and will be considered by the project team.
If you would like to support St John’s church on a regular basis there are several ways of doing this. The church’s preferred method is via the Parish Giving Scheme. This link will enable you to set up your PGS donation online. Please contact the Treasurer if you have questions or need further assistance